It’s scarcely 1/6 of the way through the year (17%), and I begin to wonder if I can achieve what I set out to do, if this will be another year when I try hard, but nothing seems to come of it. More rejections, and I fear contest entries were more like throwing away money. In short, self-doubt and depression come calling.
What about you? Have you fallen off the goal-wagon? Are you, like me, frustrated with your progress in life and career?
- There are 10 more months left to reach those goals – that’s 83% of the year.
- It’s winter. Everything sucks in winter – that’s not your fault, so don’t let it suck you in.
- Spring is right around the corner. No, really. Those snow drifts will melt away just like the resistance you’re feeling right now; bright green buds will sprout, along with new opportunity and hope you didn’t think existed.
- Things have to be crappy sometimes so we appreciate when wonderful things happen. That means wonderful things are right around the corner.
- Your life is full of blessings and wonderful treasures – even if your immediate goal is still out of reach. Take the opportunity to open your eyes and appreciate what you have, what life is RIGHT NOW, instead of what you want it to be.
- Change is hard. Growth can be accompanied by growing pains. Just wait until you see what comes next.
- This gully is just part of the road you’re on. You are NOT the road. The vista will look brighter from the top of that next hill.
How do you find and maintain hope?
Thanks for reading, and have a great week.