So, yes, I seemed to have fallen off the proverbial blogging cart again. But I have lots of reasons, fantastic ones, actually!
- It has been a very busy year thus far. June and July were kind of bonkers with my hubby being away on the other side of the world, plus RWA National Conference in NY, plus, you know, family life and actually trying to write books and such. I am super, super behind, which means bad news: the first Beckwell Shades book (about the Beckwell seniors who protect the town, the Shades, who are off to play matchmaker and find their own replacements) will be delayed from coming out Fall 2019…and likely won’t be out until early 2020. 🙁 But I am so excited about that series and I can’t wait to be able to share it with you.
- Other big news: I now officially have an agent!! I am super excited to announce that I am officially represented by Courtney Miller-Callihan of Handspun Lit, who has been my dream agent for some time (we’re talking years.) Anyway, this is the start of some new and exciting things, as I want to continue my indie-pub stuff (like the Beckwell series) but I’d also like to become a hybrid author and be traditionally published as well. In light of this, my space opera is getting a face-lift and becoming a sci-fi with romantic elements (rather than sci-fi romance.)
- I’ve been revising that space opera and making it all shiny and be-yoo-ti-ful. (And yes, it’s 2am and I’m currently avoiding said revisions, so I totally get to make up words.)
- I have revised what was my Golden Heart book, the Regency paranormal romance, which has now become “the Keepers series” about Regency paranormal detectives. It’s definitely not ready for you to see yet, but ooh, it’s a fun world! That revision still needs lots of work, and I need to get back to it after, you know, I finish revising the space opera and get the Shades books ready.
- I will be working on a short story in the Shades series just especially for you – and it’ll be free! At least, that’s the plan. More soon. 🙂
- I have been trying to get down to the craft room as often as possible and just play, since it’s good for my creativity, and, you know, sanity. 😉 I continue to work on the fantasy dollhouse which now also has a name (you can see more about that by visiting my other blog, Craft Room Chronicles) or just catching up with me on Facebook, where I tend to post quite a few pics of my miniatures.
- I am looking at creating a wiki on this website for my books and series. I’ve recently started using one for my writing, and it’s been amazing, especially keeping things organized. Of course, I can’t show you that one (too many spoilers, who’s actually who / what they’re up to / they’re eventual fates), BUT I am looking at creating one for the current series that is spoiler-free and hopefully some fun for us to share. What do you think? Does it sound like something you’d like to see?
Okay, so that’s generally what I’ve been up to recently. What about you? What has you excited and fired up lately? (Or in avoidance mode…ahem, better get back to those revisions.) 😉 Plus, what do you think of the wiki idea? Is that something you’d take a peek at? As always, love to hear from you.
Wishing you a great week ahead, and as always, the ability to see the magic in your life.