One of the four horsemen of the apocalypse clans. Appears in the Sisters of the Apocalypse Series, featured in Must Love War.
- the Red horse; often holding an upright sword, ready for battle.
- the War Sword’s name is Hildebrand.
- associated sometimes with civil war.
- usually one of the first horses to appear.
The War sword:
- makes people fight / break out in violence with the sound of the voice.
- always knows the truth; hears the whisper of the truth always.
- can see through disguise (such as through Loki’s shape-shifting abilities.) Lies feel like a cold-breath on the neck; truth = warm internal certainty.
- actual horse because of the long association in history. See Rojo.
- homing pigeon for history in wars.
- can hear the truth whispered by the universe and in others.
- associated with heraing.
- can create illusions and drive people to violence.
- always battle ready; can sober up immediately.
- super strength, battle prowess, even though no formal battle training.
- can wield any and all weapons.
- can control / alter the element of fire.
- can create / disseminate the “truth” and emotion with her mind; can also spread conflict and thought in the minds of others (can alter the perception of truth.)
Known members of this clan / species:
- Anna Fray
- Rojo (the war horse)
- Donovan Wiebe (a corrupt police chief)
- Matilda (Tildy) Cadman (Real Estate agent who runs fight clubs for women, unaware of her ancestry.)
- Walter Martin (charmer / con from a powerful Martin clan, almost steals Anna’s power.)
- Bellator the Brave
- Reginald (Peter’s Horse)
- Rojo (Anna’s horse)
The original 25 War families: